Our First Road Trip...
We already had a trip planned to visit Chad's family up north. They live up by Niagara Falls in a town outside of Buffalo, NY. Since we were able to get the bus registered in time, we decided it would be a great opportunity to take the bus for it's official road trip. We learned A TON on the trip and as rookie bus owners we feel it was a great lesson in bus ownership.
- How to pump diesel at a gas station and large truck stop
- Driving in the rain with the windshield wipers
- Our door swinging open on Rt. 84 in Pennsylvania
- How much beer the fridge will hold
- The noises it makes while driving
- Driving down a steep ass windy hill and down shifting
- Knowing our height for tunnels/bridges
- Do we have to stop at weigh stations?
- Learning our top speed
- Needing our flashers 80% of the drive
We made it from Northern NJ to Buffalo in 7 1/2 hours. It was slow, relaxing and exhilarating trip. I could get used the back roads scenic driving and was happy to avoid Interstate 90 on our trip north. We drove through Warsaw, NY and experienced the sight of hundreds of wind turbines. It was a sight to see.
We arrived home safely and I am happy to report I didn't get "bus sick" as I often suffer from car sickness. It was a SUCCESS and I look forward to planning more trips. For now I am back to work in the studio and dreaming up all the ways to utilize the bus as a Mobile Art Studio and Classroom.